In today’s fast-paced world, taking care of ourselves can often come as a last priority. However, self-care not only improves our mental and physical health, but it can also increase overall productivity and happiness. We know that finding time for self-care can be a challenge, which is why we have compiled a booklist with a focus on self-care and wellness for busy individuals. These books provide tips and tricks to integrate simple yet effective practices to take care of your mind, body, and soul.
1) The Power of Now by Eckhart Toole: We start off with a bestseller in the spirituality category. This book is a guide to finding peace and stillness in the present moment. It teaches us to let go of our attachment to our thoughts and focus on the present moment. Eckhart Toole explains that suffering arises when we dwell on the past or worry about the future. It’s an excellent read for those who want to learn how to stop overthinking and be more mindful.
2) The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod: Are you struggling to find time for yourself in your daily routine? The Miracle Morning is a guide to creating a morning routine that allows you to take care of your mind, body, and soul before starting your day. Hal Elrod shares six practices for personal development that can take less than an hour to complete, yet have a profound impact on your day. This book will teach you how to make the most of your mornings and set you up for success.
3) The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk: This book is a guide to understanding how trauma impacts our bodies and minds. Bessel van der Kolk, a psychiatrist known for his work on post-traumatic stress, explains how trauma can manifest itself physically and mentally. He offers practical and effective techniques to heal and recover from trauma. This book is a must-read for anyone who has experienced trauma or knows someone who has.
4) The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz: This book is a guide to living a life of integrity, personal freedom, and happiness. Don Miguel Ruiz suggests four agreements that we should make with ourselves to lead a more fulfilled life. These agreements are: be impeccable with your word, don’t take anything personally, don’t make assumptions, and always do your best. These agreements can be applied to all areas of your life, from work to personal relationships.
5) The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho: We end with a classic fiction novel that has a powerful message on pursuing your dreams. The Alchemist is a story of a shepherd who embarks on a journey to find his personal legend, his ultimate purpose in life. Paulo Coelho’s writing is eloquent and inspiring, and readers will be left feeling motivated to pursue their own passions.
Self-care is not a luxury, and it shouldn’t be treated as such. It’s an essential part of maintaining a healthy and fulfilling life. These books are just a few of the many resources available for those looking to prioritize self-care. Whether you’re struggling with trauma, looking to integrate healthy habits into your routine, or seeking inspiration to follow your dreams, these books provide a roadmap to support you in your journey to wellness. We hope that this booklist has inspired you to take some time for yourself and explore how to prioritize your mind, body, and soul.